Monday, April 13, 2009

How to capture (but not tame) some wild yeast

Plans for tomorrow include starting a wild yeast starter for sourdough. This seems a very appropriate thing to do in San Francisco, home of great artisan breads. I got inspired to do this when I found the Wild Yeast blog while searching for Hot Cross Bun recipes. I can see more baking from this site in my future with such inspiring recipes and delectable pictures.

I will have to take the starter away for the weekend when we go to Monterey, because it needs feeding daily in the first week. This seems a little strange, but its a much better deal than my sister-in-law, who will have to feed her baby 3 hourly! I don't know if I will be able to take it back to New Zealand through customs, 'tho.

Other plans for tomorrow include taking the bus to Michaels, Sunnyvale to search out yarns for my Crafty Mumma friends. Sugar and cream I believe is the order. Self striping cottons and bamboo yarns are hard to find in New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment